Since the 1800s, the food bowl chopper has helped restaurateurs, butchers, and institutions make meals for customers. In this article, you can learn how to choose a quality food bowl chopper.
Understand the Purpose of a Food Bowl Chopper
Also called a Buffalo chopper, a food bowl chopper is used to chop, emulsify, and cook food to varying sizes and textures. It was primarily introduced as a tool for meat but have been used for other foods like vegetables, fruits, and grains. They've even been used for kneading dough. Here are some benefits to buying a chopper:
- Finely chop protein for maximum extraction
- Finer meat product cooks more evenly
- Reduced cook time
- Increase revenue with a higher quality product
- Makes snack sticks, summer sausage, breakfast sausage and more
- Create a paste from solid food (if desired)
How to Find a Quality Chopper
The size of the chopper you choose varies by industry and use. Prices for choppers also reflect in the size. If affordability is at the forefront of your mind, consider buying used or renting a unit. Here are some ways to choose a quality food bowl chopper:
1. Chopping Capability: Newer machines will usually give you a good chop. What is important is the machine's longevity before you need replacement blades. Also, what you chop matters. The horsepower needed to shred vegetables and fruit may not be the same for meat. Some machines, exclusively cut vegetables so ask before you purchase if it will do what you need it to.
2. Easy to Clean: Every year, the FDA enforcing fines and penalties as a result of significant violations. This includes food safety. Most choppers are stainless steel because they are hygienic and easy to clean. When you need to move fast to earn a revenue, you need a machine that is easy to take apart, clean, and put back together. The materials that contact the food should be food grade alloy or stainless steel.
3. Capacity: Commercial choppers can hold several hundreds of liters of product. Choose the capacity chopper you need is based on your regular output. You can contact companies like Mainca USA Inc to find something that will meet your regular needs.
When choosing a food bowl chopper, review the capacity that you need it for. Choppers can save you time and money but might be more of a headache if you don't buy the proper size, horsepower, or chopping capabilities. Review each brand and ask those who've already purchased about their experiences and the longevity of the machine.Share